About this website:
User Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions of use carefully before using this website. By accessing this website, you agree to these terms.
ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
In these general terms and conditions of use, the following terms are defined as follows:
● Account: refers to unique credentials used on the Platform, allowing the Contributor to access specific content and to contribute to the creation of Content on the Platform.
● Content: means any content published by a Contributor on the Platform, including any idea or proposal or opinion on an idea or proposal.
● Contributor: means any person who has created an "Account" by which she or he connects using a login and password that are strictly personal and confidential and who intervenes on the Platform either to publish an idea or proposal, to endorse or comment on an idea or proposal published on the Platform, or to register and report an event .
● Platform: means this website.
● Idea: refers to any idea or opinion on an idea written by a Contributor and subject to change within a period of 10 minutes.
● Proposal: refers to ideas that get developed into project proposals.
● RI PB Project Team: refers to the staff of the Rhode Island Department of Health, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Health Equity Zones and PB Technical Assistance provider who oversee the Participatory Budgeting process.
● Visitor: refers to any person accessing the Platform without using an Account.
ARTICLE 2 - PURPOSE
The purpose of this document is to define the terms and conditions of use of this platform.
This Platform has been set up to allow Contributors to participate in the Health Systems Transformation Project Participatory Budgeting initiative.
Contributors are invited to participate in the following ways:
● By giving their opinion on spending ideas that have already been published on the Platform, supporting them with an up vote or commenting on them.
● By sharing their spending ideas to improve health outcomes in their community.
● By developing ideas into proposals.
● By voting on proposals.
ARTICLE 3 – COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
The Platform, accessible by the following url: www.decideRI.org
is operated in compliance with applicable law and state policies.
Contributors’ and Visitors’ use of the Platform is governed by these terms and conditions. Contributors and Visitors may only use the Platform for lawful purposes and are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any laws pertaining to their use of the Platform.
These terms can be modified at any time and without notice.
ARTICLE 4 – USE OF PLATFORM BY MINORS
If you are under age 13, you may not use this website. If you are between 13-17 years of age, by using this Platform you represent that your parent or guardian allows you to do so, unless you are a legally emancipated adult. If you are under the age of 13 and you wish to share an idea, email the idea and city where the idea is located to firstname.lastname@example.org , and the RI PB Project team will share this idea to the website on your behalf.
ARTICLE 5 – PRIVACY DISCLAIMER
Your Content will be visible to the public. You should be aware that this means any street signs, landmarks, or other information that could identify the location where you captured your Content will also be publicly visible. Think carefully about your privacy before you include information that could identify you or your location.
If you do not feel comfortable including your real name in your Content, you may use a pseudonym. If you wish to include another individual’s information in your Content, you must have their consent before entering your Content.
By making a submission to this project, you understand and agree that RI PB project Team can use content that you submit, and that you release the RI PB Project Team from any liability that may arise in connection with the use of such materials. You further understand and agree that the RI PB Project Team will own any writing, image, audio, or video you submit to this project, and that the RI PB Project Team will not pay you for the right to use your submitted writing, image, audio, or video. If you do not agree to these terms, do not submit these materials.
ARTICLE 6 - SCOPE OF APPLICATION
The Platform's terms apply, without restriction or reservation, to all services offered on the Platform.
The Platform's terms are additional, if applicable, to the specific conditions applicable to certain services offered within the various sections of the Site.
ARTICLE 7 - CONTENT MODERATION
It is the responsibility of the Contributors to ensure that their Content does not infringe on the rights of others and to comply with applicable laws.
The publication of Content provided by the Contributor is subject to moderation by the RI PB Project Team, who reserves the right to remove Content that does not comply with applicable laws or the terms of the Platform, or could be considered discriminatory and or violent language.
Contributors and Visitors may notify the RI PB Project Team of any Content they object to via the reporting links on the Platform, or by sending an email to email@example.com
ARTICLE 8 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information contained on the Platform is as accurate as possible and is periodically updated, but may contain inaccuracies, or omissions. If you find an inaccuracy, an error, or what appears to be a malfunction, please report it by e-mail to the service provider for the Platform firstname.lastname@example.org by describing the problem as precisely as possible (page posing a problem, the action that triggers the problem, type of computer and browser used).
The RI PB Project Team is not responsible for any posted or downloaded content. The RI PB Project Team shall not be held liable for any damage to Contributors’ or Visitors’ persons, reputations, or property, nor for any loss of or damage to data.
The Platform may include hypertext links. Following those links may lead to other resources on the Internet. Those resources may be subject to their own terms and conditions, which can be different than the terms of the Platform.
ARTICLE 9 - RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Contributors may access, correct, modify or delete any information that they have entered in the Platform. To do so, please email email@example.com